I have a rash that’s spreading

Dear Helpline,

I have a rash that’s spreading. Should I visit a doctor or will it go away after a while?

Dear Anonymous,

You should not take situations like this lightly. A spreading rash is cause for concern and you should visit a General Practitioner as soon as possible. Granted, sometimes rashes may appear harmless; however, suspicious looking skin rashes should be looked at by a professional. Even those that appear to be harmless sometimes are not.

Do not take any chances. Visit a local health clinic or private office to see what the doctor says. You can also Google ‘rashes and causes’, etcetera, and share your research with your doctor. However, avoid panicking and overthinking your situation.

Sometimes people tend to overthink and later find out it was much ado about nothing. Until you have visited the doctor, you may want to take precautionary methods so as to avoid worsening the situation. For instance, you may want to stay away from harsh skin lotions, and other products that may be skin irritants.

I wish you a positive outcome.

Leave a Reply