Natural Touch of the Babonneau Secondary School (B.S.S.) was presented with the prestigious Junior Achievement Company of the Year Award at the annual awards ceremony held on Wednesday October 10,2018 at the Golden Palm Events Centre, Rodney Bay.
Patron of JA, Her Excellency Dame Pearlette Louisy, Ministers of Government, Permanent Secretaries and officials, H.ESteve MccreadyAmbassador of the British Embassy, Chamber and JA Directorsand specially invited guests attended the inspiring event where outstanding Achievers, teachers, mentors and schools were awarded for their efforts and participation.
Co Founder and CEO of Eco Carib Mr. Denell Florius was the featured guest speaker and shared his experience as an entrepreneur and provided inspiration to the students.
This year JA St Lucia was the proud recipients of regional and international awards. Excellers of the Entrepot Secondary School were recognized for winning the regional challenge presented by Scotia Bank and JA Americas with their Bank your Selfie promotion. The challenge was to “Create a Social Media campaign, directed towards youth, which promotes the importance of the banking industry’s services and channels digitalization.” DECA Superstars of Gros Islet Infant School received international recognition for winning the GEW DECA Idea Challenge competition with their creation of the pencil leash and was recognized and applauded for their efforts in winning that global competition from amongst 2500 submission received by DECA International.
The following schools completed and submitted the Company Financials and were judged in the following categories:Best Records, Best Attendance, Highest Return on Investment, National Achiever of the Year (NAOY) and Patron’s Award for Innovation, Creativity and Originality.
|School||JA Company||NAOY Nominee|
|Babonneau Secondary||Natural Touch||Mildred Boyce|
|Corinth Secondary School||Advanced Corporation||ZennaHadeed|
|Castries Comprehensive Sec||I Candy||Andazie Cherry|
|Entrepot Secondary School||Kreationz||Touya Jn Baptiste|
The presentations of awards were as follows:
- National Achiever of the Year 2017/2018
- 1st Place – ZennaHadeed -received a trophy, certificate and Bursary of EC$2500.00
- 2nd place – Mildred Boyce – received a trophy, certificate and Bursary of EC$2,000.00
- 3rd place – Andazia Cherry received a trophy, certificate and
- Company Awards
- Most Improved School –Receiving the Patricia Brown’s Spirit of Junior Achievement Award – Castries Comprehensive Secondary School
- Best Attendance – Natural Touch BabonneauSecondary School
- Best Records – Natural Touch Babonneau Secondary School
- Highest Return on Investment Award –Kreationz of EntrepotSecondary School
Company of the Year 2017/2018
- 1st place –Natural Touch of Babonneau Secondary School
- 2nd place – Kreationz of Entrepot Secondary School
- 3rd place – Advanced Cooperation of Corinth Secondary School
- Patron’s Award for Innovation, Originality and Creativity
- Advanced Corporation – Corinth Secondary School
Junior Achievement is proud to award the participants for their innovation and creativity in their student led businesses where their leadership skills were honed. Our goal is to prepare and inspire the next generation of leaders by teaching them how to start a business, work in teams, and manage their money.
We are thankful to our supporters, event sponsors, students, teachers, mentors, adjudicators, guest speaker, volunteers, media personnel, the Board and Chamber members and staff and everyone who contributed in one way or the other to the Junior Achievement 2017/ 2018 awards.